BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mid-week update.

Thanks everyone for the advice on breastfeeding. So far she has started to stretch her feedings out to 4 hours during the night and is more 3 hours during the day. I am tempted at times to wake her during the day if she sleeps longer than three...but I guess this really wouldn't be feeding on demand. We only decided to feed on demand because that is what our pediatrician recommended. I really have no idea what I am doing. Everywhere you look there is someone suggesting something different. I took a breastfeeding class and I have read some about breastfeeding, but you feel like you never have enough information. I know it will all work out just one of the many decisions to make, I just want to set up good habits from the beginning. I appreciate all the advice I can get.

Thanks also for all the suggestions on picture places. We still need to decide what to do. How does it work for newborn pictures? Right now Daisy sleeps most of the time! Will she be asleep in her pictures?

Well, Nana has returned and of course Daisy has slept the entire time. Nana thinks we make up stories about her being fussy! It is good to have her back. She is leaving tomorrow. But we appreciate her help always.

Here are some of the latest pictures.

Daisy is starting to enjoy her bath time. She especially loves it when daddy rescues her in her warm towel! (the second picture is a little blurry because I cannot use daddy's fancy camera)


Nana and Daisy


Arms up and on our left side is where we end up sleeping most of the time. Her arms are constantly cold, but I can't get her to keep them in the swaddle! At night I dress her in a long sleeved sleeper so at least that helps some! Isn't she so cute.



Yesterday Daisy was awake and happy for about two hours. we played on our tummy and laid on our back under our Daisy jungle gym. She really didn't notice the toys, but it made us feel better than just lying her on the ground with nothing. Actually Daisy's favorite place to lay on her back is in her changing pad. She loves that thing.
We will continue to update as we have more pictures. Love you all!



9 comments:

CAC said...

love these pics! keep them coming!! you guys seem so happy!!

LeslieTummel said...

she is so pretty! i can't believe how alert she looks in those pics (and I LOVE the look on her face in the bath towel pics). for the newborn pics, you should take one where she's asleep and naked with you holding her head and chris holding her bottom in her little monkey pose...kind of like Anne Geddes...does that make sense? I've always thought that was too cute!

Leslie said...

I didn't think I knew of any baby photographers in the area when I read your post yesterday, but then it hit me! Do you remember Chris Campbell and Ashley Corbett from OBU? Ashley is now a kids photographer in Tulsa and she is AMAZING! She might travel, so it's worth a look. Her website is www.ashleyannphotography.com.

danielle said...

i agree with leslie, ashley does take really cute baby pictures. you could also check with candi. she doesnt normally do baby's.. but if you let her be creative, i think she would do it! :) also the girl who made my wedding invitations takes pictures, she is really good too! i dont think she has a website though. i could get you her number if you wanted to talk to her.

Amanda Isaacs said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! I love seeing all the pictures and hearing about everything! Daisy is so cute! I miss you guys!

Dara Steward said...

Mindy and Chris,
You are doing such a great job! Being new parents is one of the most amazing and challenging things! Daisy is a happy girl, so I know you are doing something right! Never underestimate your wisdom as mom and dad.

Conrad & Cara Deese said...

oh my....i'm sure she's just going to get cuter and cuter...but it's AMAZING how it's happening so fast!!! i love her in the towel!!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I love her, I want to snuggle her so bad!!!
Ashley is very good... I actually just looked her up for you last night and her site says she is booked thought the end of this year. Daisy will probably be asleep for a lot of the pictures, but awake for some too, maybe. Sleeping newborn pics are so sweet.
Check this photographer out... http://frogsandfaeriesphotography.blogspot.com/
She is here in nashville, but you could get some cute ideas for newborn pics. I think she is awesome. OR... you could just come to Nashville to have them done, just a thought! :) I love the entry titled "6 days young", the picture in black and white with the swirly fabric in the background. Whoever you go with, you can always send them examples of what you like!

Julie said...

i love it! she's precious! i really want to come meet her, but i've been sick and i don't think you would appreciate that. hopefully soon!