BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

7 lbs 6 oz!

Yes that is right! We have finally made it back to birth weight + 1oz!!! Yea! This feeding schedule is exhausting, but it obviously is working. We are going to continue for a little while longer to see if we can get Daisy eating better before we give up on breastfeeding. Thank goodness Chris has been able to help me so much. I am thankful for his schedule this year!

Here are some pictures, we really haven't taken that many because she is constantly hooked up to me! Here are the latest:This is Daddy giving Daisy her first bottle. Thankfully we decided to introduce the bottle last week before the weight crisis began, so she already knew what to expect! Look how happy he is. Chris said it was nice to finally offer Daisy something instead of trying to soothe her when she was unhappy all the time!
Daddy took this one of Daisy. This was a nap last week. Notice the really cute---Hug me outfit!This is what Daisy and mommy do all day. Eat and then rest on the couch for 30 minutes or so. Notice I haven't had a shower in a couple days here--I am lucky if I get to the restroom without upsetting her!

She is taking a nap in her swing. She does NOT like the swinging motion, she only will sit in it once in a while. She was moving all around and we were able to take some funny pictures like this one. She is somewhat dramatic like her mother once in a while.

Well, we don't report back to the doctor until 8 weeks, unless Daisy's umbilical cord isn't healed by next week (it is still oozing). We will keep you updated. Thanks to all of the thoughts and prayers. Now if only I could figure out how to get to the grocery store!

7 comments:

Whitney said...

She is cute, cute. I love the ruffles on her "Hug Me" outfit.

danielle said...

that last picture of her in the swing is too cute! i love how she loves her arms above her head!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Whoooohooooo!!! GOod work!

I also LOVE the nap picture in the Hug Me outfit, she is so stinkin cute!

Dara Steward said...

Mindy,
You are doing so good! I know you must be incredibly exhausted. Becoming a mom is like nothing you've ever known, huh?! Just remember to be patient with yourself and Daisy. Everything will get easier with time. Every day you get to know each other better. Before you know it she will be too busy for you, so enjoy these precious times where she needs you all the time! **And it is okay to sit her in the swing, boppy, whatever and go to the bathroom!***

Also, Evan used to hate his swing. Just wait awhile and introduce it again. He eventually learned to love it. And I was seriously about to put it in the attic when my mother-in-law suggested we try one more time. When I did, he slept 2 hours in that thing, and it has been a good thing ever since! :o)

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

I had a dream last night that you posted a video of Daisy WALKING! Yes, at 3 weeks, she was walking. I thought, Man, this girl is really advanced! :)

con5607 said...

I hear a bit of frustration in your writing. I wish I could hug you right now. No one's job is harder than a brand new mom. You are doing great! I would advise you to not get too upset about the breastfeeding even when docs may be saying you need to switch. That is, if you're really committed to it and want to keep on. She's back at birth weight and usually it takes 6-8 weeks to get into a really good routine for baby and mom. Of course, if you're ready to quit, then by all means. Just don't let them make you quit when that's the last thing you want to do.
And by the way, she really is a doll baby!

con5607 said...

Oh yes, I didn't mean to be anonymous. It's Elizabeth (finke) Scholes. I'm using Conor's google name to leave comments.