BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 4, 2008

Murder Mystery Weekend

This past weekend Chris and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! Yes, we know that we were married in June, but this is the first weekend that we had available to celebrate. Chris bought me for my gift a weekend at the Stone Lion Inn in Guthrie Oklahoma. It is a supposed haunted house in which we participated in a murder mystery dinner, we spent the night and then had breakfast in the morning. It was a lot of fun. Here is a picture of Chris and I as Bobby French and Dr. Alastair Duncan. By the way neither of us died and neither of us were responsible.




I had a wonderful shower last week at work. It was really so fun. I received so many nice and thoughtful gifts. I worked in the nursery all weekend long. It is so difficult to make decisions about things. I will post pictures when it is complete! I can't believe less than 6 weeks left! This week I start going to the doctor weekly this week and next week I have an appointment to meet a pediatrician. It is starting to feel more real. I will post updates soon.

Thank you for praying for Chris and his test last week. I think he feels as good as can be expected about it, not great, not horrible. He should get his scores in 6 weeks or so. For now he has started his ORL (Ear, nose and throat) rotation. He is still gone now (8:19pm). He has been in one surgery since 9:15 this morning!!!!! It is going to be a busy month!
Okay, so I started the above post last night and couldn't get the picture to upload, so I waited until today, but I have a pregnancy rant to add today:
So today I had someone tell me, "oh Mindy I can really tell your arms are getting fat. I am so surprised by how swollen you are"---please someone tell me how you are supposed to respond to this. Should I say, "thank you"? Every woman knows that in the last month of her pregnancy you hold more water or swell, but we don't need to be reminded of it nor do we need each little thing pointed out to us like fat arms or chubby cheeks etc. Just let us be, we are miserable enough trying to find something to wear everyday, we don't need someone telling us how we look in it! Okay, I said my piece, I am really not that upset, it is just shocking sometimes what people will say not realizing what they are saying and no for the last time I am not having twins!

5 comments:

Shara said...

AMEN!!! That gal must be nuts!! Well, I think you look fabulous - really! :) And I'm glad to hear that the IV's the worst part... I can totally handle that - whew!

danielle said...

oh my goodness. that ticks me off. who in the world would say such a silly thing. min.. you look great! remember what i told you that guy said to me at church about pregnant ladies! :) AND.. the murder mystery dinner looks fun, did you get to choose your costume?

The Firestone's said...

Sometimes I feel like people don't think before they speak- At least saying that makes us feel better :) I can't believe its so close- it just doesnt seem real! I can't wait to see you again....hey, maybe Chris will change his mind and go into Optho!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Hi, I saw you from Joelle's site! What a fun weekend! I can't believe that someone would say that! I had people say funny things like that to me too, you must be ready to pop anytime...no I still have a month or two left :) I think you look adorable!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Oh my gosh, that lady is dumb! Someone told me my face was looking "bigger", nice. What are they thinking?!?!
What a fun weekend, you look pretty cute in that crazy dress with your belly! See you on Friday!!!