BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dr.'s Appointment

First of all let me tell you I have been feeling very heavy today. Daisy has also found a nerve on my inner thigh to compress in my pelvis and I can hardly walk at times, luckily she is still a wiggle worm and moves off of it quickly (and then back on it again). I am also exhausted! I slept fine last night (minus the 4 trips to the bathroom) but I think my body is finally saying, enough. It has really been the first day I have not felt that good physically.

I had another doctor's appointment today, here is how it went: +31lbs (YIKES)....but at this point I am not worried about it. My doctor was delivering a baby so I saw the Nurse practitioner again today, which was really great because I saw her last week also, so she could really compare week to week. Well when she checked me she first felt Daisy's head sitting very low in my pelvis which is so great that 1. she is head down, and 2. she has dropped. Bad news she says is I am going to have to try and reach around her head to reach your cervix, her head is right in front of it. She does and she says well you are at least dilated to a 1, maybe more, but there is really no point in me torturing you to find out, we just know that you have made progress since last week. What this means is that you COULD have Daisy this week. I am not saying that you WILL, just that it is a possibility and that you should start monitoring yourself closely for any signs!

This was really great news. I was going to be very disappointed if I heard the same thing from last week (Your cervix is very high and thick, you are not going to have this baby this week) Especially because I had been feeling so weird today!

Well, I am not expecting Daisy this week, I am just thrilled to be heading in the right direction! I know that many women start dilating weeks before their babies are due.....but for me this was very welcomed news!

Glad to update everyone. More to come as we get closer and closer!

6 comments:

danielle said...

i am very happy. but i am really stressed that she is going to come before i am there... oh daisy.. please stay off of mommy's nerve... and keep lowering.. but lets wait until the 5th.. PLEASE! (i am so selfish)... love you min!

Unknown said...

Oh my GOSH! i got chills reading this because I am so excited! I hope you have a phone call tree set up so we all know when Daisy is coming! I can't wait!!!

The Tierneys said...

Isn't it encouraging to know that things are progressing? It is so amazing how our bodies are made to do this miraculous thing! I'm glad everything is continuing to go well and I'm definitely thinking of you these next few weeks as you stay extremely pregnant/have the baby! I think the last few weeks are the hardest (discomfort + anticipation!), but hang in there! She'll be here very soon!

The Firestone's said...

Mindy- I can't wait to see her! I know everything will go great!
by the way- I got to see pics of the twins, I had a girl from work e-mail them to me :) they are so cute! that will be Daisy soon :)

JSM said...

Congratulations Mindy! Praying for a smooth & not-too-long delivery.
-judy

Julie said...

I'm really excited for you!