BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 29, 2008

Not a baby blog....

As August is coming to a close I find myself thinking about the end of summer and the starting of school. The end of summer was always so sad, yet exciting in a way, getting another year started, especially in college. Back in those summers (2000-2002) between the college years me and my friends always had songs that we listened to. We would make a CD and copy it for everyone so that we could listen to it over the summer and think of each other as we were apart (yes we were and still are really this silly)

Well, this year one of our (meaning any girl who was born in the eighties and found early nineties music awesome!) childhood faves has come back together and put together another classic summer song......that is right I am talking about New Kids on the Block. Has anyone listened to their song 'Summertime"? Every time I hear it I am convinced that if I was headed back to OBU right now this would be in our CD players and Leslie would even have it on repeat in her room as she got ready for class everyday! Funny, how a song that didn't even exist back then takes me right back to OBU every time I hear it, and there is a part of me that wishes I was headed back there right now to be surrounded by the friends I miss very much.

Anyway, I have posted the song above for you to listen to. In addition I have posted some other songs that remind me of the summer, some old, some newer......and just an FYI people magazine gave the New Kids, new CD 3 of 4 stars? Anyone checked it out?

3 comments:

danielle said...

i think you are right. i can picture us now laying out at shawnee lake, driving back in your red cavalier dancing to our songs. remember our little paper flower that we kept on our rear view mirror to remind us of eachother... i do! :) love you!

LeslieTummel said...

haha...I agree with you...this song definitely makes me feel like I'm in college again. Love it!

Conrad & Cara Deese said...

that's odd....those are my favorites!! LFO, Nick Lachey...backstreet! and I'm super stoked about ther return of NYOTB although I'm pretty sure Conrad isn't going to allow the New Kids obsession with curtains and comforters!! ahha!!
love ya!!
SHE'S ALMOST HERE!!!