BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Still a Girl!

WARNING: this is a very long blog, please read when you have some time!

So many things to update you on! Lets work our way backwards. So today we had our 3D ultrasound. Here are the highlights: Daisy is still a Daisy and has not grown any boy parts, which was Chris' greatest concern now that we own a bright pink chair. She is very active, the ultrasound lady said she was chasing her around. My placenta is a nice pillow that Daisy likes to hide her face in, so all the blurry things in the pictures are me, not her! Daisy loves her hands. She was sucking her thumb at one point. My favorite part of the ultrasound was when she opened her mouth stuck out her tongue and licked me!!!!! I am not making this up! She smiles a lot! And I cannot tell who she looks like! Here are some of my favorite pictures:


Okay, all the blurry stuff to the left is me and my placenta.





Please tell me you can see her smile, because Chris cannot see this one. Her hand is close to her mouth, covering her chin, but you can see both of her lips and her smile!!!!


This is a little blurry, but it is a profile of her sucking her thumb! The black line on her head is from the ultrasound lady pushing, nothing to worry about.





Okay this is her chubby look, see her double chin and squished nose! But her chin is really cute!

I have 37 pictures total, so it was hard to pick favorites, but I will show anyone who wants to look at them!

Next topic! This past Sunday we had a family baby shower in Joplin. It was so great! We got a lot of things for the nursery. So I have been working in the nursery ever since we arrived back in OKC. Here are some updated pictures on the nursery and some highlights from the shower.



The night we were back in OKC, at 9:30 I was hanging these curtains. They are sheer pink with pink velvety polka dots! (the picture in the background has to be taken down still and the mess on the floor are the gifts from the shower)


Here is a picture of the other side of the room with the pink lamp and black bookcase I put together! Doesn't it look so cute?

Here is an up close picture of the lamp, it is a lamp/bookshelf thing. The black item is a small CD player/radio that we already had, which fits nicely on the shelf! (So the top of this is the lamp, where the pink shade is!)


This is the bookcase. I couldn't help myself, I had to put what items we had on the bookcase. Of course it may not stay this way!
Here are some pictures from our shower!


My hat says: New mom to be, isn't my mother so funny!



This is the adorable diaper cake my mom made! Isn't she great! I love it! The doll on the top says "now I lay me down to sleep..." in a really cute child's voice!
The rest of the weekend we spent in Joplin. Here are some of the highlights:

Me reading to Lilly (my niece)....she loves her aunt Mindy!
Swimming! Note how pale I am---I just keep reminding myself I am PG and low on iron--thus the pale skin!
Me and my mom at the BBQ we had at her house with homemade ice cream.....notice I am not wearing my own shirt because I am constantly spilling things all over me, thus the blue earrings and pink shirt!
Finally, I leave you with some pictures of our boys. They were all dressed up for the 4th of July.



This picture of Bentley pretty much sums up his week: he went to the vet for his yearly shots, bit Chris while he was holding him down so that the vet could draw blood, he was given benadryl because of his allergic reaction to his shots which made him dopey for the next day, then he went to the groomers---he hates this, and to top it all off it was 4th of July weekend, which stresses him out with all those loud fireworks. So as you can see he has been in what we refer to as slight depression. Hopefully he will have a better week!
Well, I am heading to the doctor tomorrow. I will let you know what she says!






































7 comments:

Shara said...

Mindy, those pics are amazing! And yes, I can totally see her smiling - she's so cute already! Wow, aren't you so ready to hold her in your arms? Not too much longer now! :)

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Oh my goodness, she is SO cute!!! You can totally see her smiling, I completely agree with you!!! I love her, she is so adorable! I love her lips, they look so cute!! And I love the curtains in her room, along with everything else.
Wow- that was a lot of "love" and "!" for one comment! :)

The Firestone's said...

Hey...those pictures are sooo good! I love all the stuff you got for her room, it is going to be such a great nursery! Only a few more days till we see you guys....can't wait!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Alright, I just came back to look at Daisy again. I think she has Chris' nose and maybe eyes, and your chin.

danielle said...

min! those pictures are absolutely amazing! you are growing her inside of you! and she is PRECIOUS! i cant wait to REALLY see her! And the nursery is looking really fun! i cant wait to see it! love you!

The Faulkner's said...

What a great blog update! You look so good! Daisy is so sweet! She looks happy in there all warm and cozy! You are doing a great job! Not much longer until the real fun starts!! :) Love you! Heather

Anonymous said...

i just can't get over how vivid those pics are!! she's so adorable!! i can't wait until she pops out!!!
how great is her room! you are so creative it's amazing! my kid will just have a bed. ahah! i LOVED everything about it!!
ya'll are so precious too..you especially you look amazing! it's not pale...it's a "glow" ahah! seriously though you are too cute! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

miss ya! ~ Cara