BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 17, 2008

How was your day?

Well, for me I spent the day at Baptist hospital receiving IV fluids. I had a doctor's appointment this morning secondary to being sick all week and I was dehydrated, thus they pumped 3L of fluid into me. I have learned that I am a terrible patient! They pumped the first bag of fluid through my arm so fast that I was chilled to the bone (it was cold because it had sugar in it, so it was refrigerated? something like that, one of my nurse friends can clarify). I complained to Chris the whole time, of course! However, one of my nurses (see I had 3 nurses in a 5 hour period, I think because no one on OB likes to take care of a sick person, they like deliveries!) anyway, one of my nurses told me that the IV is worse than the epidural--so hey, I'm going to make it. (not sure how true this is, but I'm going to roll with it). Anyway, I am home now, my stomach is no longer upset, but I am still very lethargic and lightheaded! I'm off to drink more fluids more updates to come after another fun filled weekend.

PS--I would have a picture to post but I wouldn't let Chris take one, he was getting a kick out of me in my hospital gown today. Hey at least we were able to have a few laughs!

5 comments:

The Firestone's said...

Wow, you poor thing- I can't believe you are that sick! I am so sorry- Call me when you feel better

danielle said...

you better drink that gatorade! love you!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

oh my gosh mindy! How awful!!! Hope you feel better very soon!

The Faulkner's said...

Being cold from the inside out is the most uncomfortable feeling ever!!! I'm so sorry you had to experience it! Hope you are feeling better! Relax and take care of yourself!

Shara said...

Yuck! Hope you're feeling better already!