BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Echocardiogram

First of all I would like to give the Goff family a pat on the back. Not only did we make it to our echo on time, we were even early and Chris stopped for coffee this morning! So we had the echo this morning and the ultrasound technician is the one who does the test, then the doctor comes in later and reads the test and dictates the results, then the secretary types the dictation and sends a report back to our pediatrician, then our pediatrician will call us with the results. All this to say...we don't know anything yet.

When technicians complete ultrasounds they really aren't supposed to give you information, this is what we got: "I am not sure when you will hear back from your pediatrician, just remember that no news is good news. If I had seen anything really concerning we would not send you home right now, we would do further testing, but I am sending you home" Chris and I take this to mean that hopefully it is just a VSD (I believe this is correct maybe VDS?) This is a small hole in the muscular wall between her ventricles of her heart in which 98% close on their own as the child grows. This is what we are hoping for! We will let everyone know as soon as we know. Thanks always for your thoughts and prayers.

I am sorry I don't have new pictures to post. We have had a couple of difficult days with Daisy wanting to eat all night long, thus we sleep during the day not allowing for many picture opportunities. We have taken some, but Chris is at a school deal right now, and I am not sure how to plug his camera into the computer. We will post soon. Basically she is adorable. I still can't comprehend that she is mine, well ours. I also can't believe that she was inside my tummy. Everytime I hold her on the outside I am like, how did you fit on the inside?

Funny story. Chris went to give me a hug yesterday and he did the C-shaped stick your bottom out thing in order to get around my giant tummy and I had to tell him that he could hug me closer now! It was so nice to finally hug him, it has been a while.

I think that is all from now. I am getting better at feeding and trying to make phone calls so hopefully I will catch up with all of you soon.

1 comments:

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Great news! I am so glad to hear about the ECHO! You are right... it is VSD :)
I know you miss Nashville, I want you all to move back NOW!!!