BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 28, 2008

2 weeks tomorrow!

I cannot believe that Daisy will be two weeks old tomorrow. We have her two week doctors appointment tomorrow at 11:00. Hopefully she will be back up to her birth weight so I can stop waking her up every three hours to feed! Also we should find out the results of the echocardiogram. We are just hoping that no news is good news at this point.

Well, I can say that I am exhausted. I think that adrenaline gets you through the first week or so and then the tiredness sinks in. I have slept through my feeding alarm last night and the night before at the three o'clock hour....tonight I am going to set more than one alarm! Daisy is doing really well still. She is feeding well and for the most part sleeps between, however, she does seem to have two fussy spells in which she just cannot be consoled, so we end up feeding her early which always works and is good for her weight!

During the night time feedings I have been ready a book that Leslie's mom gave to me-(thanks momma Martha). It is called Baby 411 it is advice and answers to your questions for the first year. It has alot of good advice in it. And it makes you feel good that what you are feeling and experiencing is typical newborn behavior. It also helps to keep me awake as I am feeding Daisy.

Yesterday we felt adventurous so we ran an errand to the apple store at the mall. Daisy did so well, she slept the whole time. I however was so tired afterwards. I am beginning to wonder when I will get my strength back. I think about my friends who have had kids and within 10 days are functioning normal---let me give them a pat on the back.
Another big moment this weekend. I am currently wearing my own t-shirts not my husbands and I wore a pair of pre-PG pants this weekend! Yay! Yes they were a little snug, but it was nice to start to feel normal again.

Well, I think that is all from here. I will leave you with the latest pictures:



Daisy LOVES her daddy. This is them snuggling on the couch Friday afternoon. In the bottom picture Daisy is hugging her daddy, how cute is that?

Our friends Adam, Suni and Ethan brought us dinner Friday night (yummy pot roast). It was good to see them. Ethan had a good time getting to know Daisy, although Daisy did not wake up to acknowledge her visitors but I am sure she appreciated the pot roast also!
These are our family pictures before our mall outing. We don't have many pictures of the three of us together. Don't worry, we are masters of setting the timer on our camera. The picture below is Daisy in her car seat after her mall adventure. This is pretty much how she was the entire day!

Daisy and Daddy after a long day!

4 comments:

danielle said...

I L-O-V-E the car seat after the mall picture! It is too adorable!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE her skinny little leg hanging down on the family pics! Such a cute newborn look!
You look great Mindy!!! Can't wait to hear about the Dr's appt!

Lisa said...

oh mindy, daisy is so gorgeous!!! it is amazing that you can wear pre-pg pants already! with logan, it took me a loooong time. you'll get your energy back. all that feeding is just draining you i'm sure. praying for your precious little family! hope i get to see daisy in person some time!

Shara said...

Look at how skinny you are!! If I only look half as good as you do, I'll be feeling great! And yes, I love "Baby 411" - it's part of my standard baby gift now. A friend of mine is a pediatrician, and she gives it to all new mothers; she tells them that if they have the urge to call her at 2am, they need to look the issue up in the books first, and if they can't find the answer in there, THEN call! :)