BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Be still and know...

Here is an update on a couple of things:

1. My last day of work was Friday. I am not sure how I feel about it yet, I think I am anticipating Daisy's arrival so I really didn't think about it too much. But for sure I have the next 12 weeks off---weird.

2. Today Chris and I tackled walmart to stock up on all things we MIGHT need in the near future, then we ate at a local tea room here in Edmond. (Chris was so great, I am pretty sure he was the ONLY guy in the entire place). The tea room is called inspirations and on your plate they place a bible verse card. Here are the verses Chris and I got on our plates today:

Be still and know that I am God--Psalm 46:10
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him--Lamentations 3:25

These verses are so fitting right now. I have been nervous about next week. I am uneasy about having to make a decision about induction vs. no induction etc. These verses were exactly what I needed to hear, to know that it is time for me to BE STILL and WAIT, and KNOW that God is in charge anyway....not ME.


3. I am officially 40 weeks PG! That is 10 months!!! It is hard to believe. I have had such a blessed pregnancy, however, I do feel 40 weeks PG. This is a shout out to all those women who have ever been 40 weeks pregnant, way to go, way to hang in there, congrats to us! (and for all of you who were so fortunate to deliver your babies at 38-39 weeks, no you really don't know what 40 weeks is like!) Here are some pictures taken earlier today.


I feel as if this pictures really explains why women have back pain with pregnancy....it amazes me how the body can stretch like this. Daily I cannot believe my own profile!
4. This week our son Bentley slipped into another depression. This time he chewed/licked a 'hot spot' in his arm pit. We had to take him to the vet, they shaved his leg, gave him some shots, gave us some topical cream and told us to give him benadryl twice a day. In addition the vet recommended with get at T-shirt so that he would stop licking the spot. Between the benadryl and the t-shirt Bentley was unhappy. The minute we put his t-shirt on he would stand hunched over and not move---literally all day. It was so sad, but really it could have been worse he could have been wearing a cone around his neck. Anyway, he is better now, here are some pictures.
His new t-shirt says: Things to do today: Eat, Sleep, Poop.....I think I have seen a baby onesie that says the same thing!
Well, that is it from here. We head back to the doctor Monday morning. Please pray with us that we will know the right decision about induction or not. Love you all!


7 comments:

danielle said...

you are seriously the cutest 40 week pregnant girl ever. :) she is coming soon. can NOT wait.

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

oh my gosh, Daisy needs to get out of there! It can't be comfortable anymore, she will like it much more in the outside world! You look REALLY cute, your hair looks really good in these pictures.
I am anxiously waiting for the very important text that will be coming very soon!
Love you Mindy

The Tierneys said...

You look so good in your pictures - not only do you not look puffy, but you look so happy and ready to be a mom! Lauren wasn't born until 41 weeks so I totally feel your pain, both with being ultra-pregnant and also having to make the decision about induction vs. not induction. Been there done that (twice!). You are in my prayers and I am so excited for you! Meeting your little baby for the first time is one of the best things ever!!!!

Conrad & Cara Deese said...

you are still SO adorable!! i'm amazed at your profile too!! when/if i get PG i'm def gonna need some advise.....

She's coming!!! my other BFF was induced on 9/8 and things were great!! you can do it when it comes down to it!!!

i love ya, miss and cannot wait to see all your beautiful pictures of your precious Miss Daisy!!!

and i'm sympathetic to bentley...darla sends her shout out....

Shara said...

I'll definitely be keeping all three of you in my prayers this coming week. What an exciting week this is going to be!! You look SO great, even though I know you're uncomfortable (to say the least!), and I really hope I look as good as you do in 10 weeks. :) I cannot wait to see her gorgeous, healthy pics - you're going to be a mommy this week!!!

Lisa said...

oh yes i can understand being 40 weeks pregnant. and 41. it's miserable i know but hang in there! of course, it's all worth it! :) praying for you this week!!

JSM said...

You are right, all in His time... Praying for comfort and safe delivery,
judy