BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Potty Training--Revisited

Well, since my post a few weeks ago Daisy has shown MUCH improvement in her potty skills. She has been asking everyday to use the potty, and she does, but then she wants a diaper back on. So I have not been pressuring her and been putting a diaper on her. I felt like it really had to be her choice. Then last week she started preschool (at day care)---LOVE me some peer pressure right now. She has been in her big girl panties everyday without accidents!!! The one exception being #2. She knows when she needs to go so she asks for a diaper. SO I have been letting her. (I cleaned up one poopy in the panties and it was totally disgusting!) I just decided if that is how it goes for a while so be it.
AND THEN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She pooped in the big girl potty--twice!!!!!! She was so proud of herself. (and I am so proud of her)......Right after she finished and we cleaned up she looked at me and said, "Mommy, my poopy looks just like a hot dog"........hilarious! The second time she pooped she said, "Mom, I have some good news, come look in the potty." So I did, "Look my poopy looks like a reindeer, or a horse" She is one funny girl. So I guess all that work a couple weeks ago paid off. I am hopeful that this continues so that it is habit before Hudson gets here, 5 weeks and counting!

3 comments:

The Savage's said...

Yay for Daisy! She just needed her own time!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Yay!!!! I bet you are so relieved the this is pretty much all done with time to spare!!! Great job Daisy!!

Conrad & Cara Deese said...

haha!!! thats great!! love how she's describing them like clouds in the sky!! :) precious girl!!

cant believe you'll be a family of 4 VERY soon!!!