BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One more week...

One week from today and we find out if Baby Goff is a girl or a boy. We are so excited! We haven't decided how we are going to let everyone know yet, but I will keep you updated. Sorry for the delay in posting pictures. We meant to take pictures this weekend and forgot, but Baby Goff definitely decided to poke out last week. Again, to those who don't know I am pregnant, they wouldn't dare suggest such a thing, but for those of us who know.....you can see a belly! (so, pictures to come soon, I promise).

In other news, Chris started a new rotation yesterday....OB/GYN....today he was in on a delivery and a C-section.....I can't wait to talk to him about it and pick his brain! I was talking to the ladies in my arthritis class this morning (Average age: 73) about how things have changed since they had kids.....did you know they used to put the women to sleep right before the baby was born? What? No-one was allowed in the delivery room!!! I can't imagine not having Chris with me. Cloth diapers and home deliveries were the norm, not the green, natural way that it is today. And of course no one knew the sex of the baby until it was born (which neither did most of our parents). This is what I caught the most grief over. They all agreed, "Nothing compares to the moment when the baby is born and the doctor says, its a.......and then everyone is waiting in the hall in anticipation". I used to agree with this, but now given the option to plan vs decorating in green/yellow......and there is still that moment when the doctor (or US technician) looks at the ultrasound and says, its a...........and everyone is waiting by their telephone in anticipation. What can I say, I am of a different generation, one in which we use technology to not only ease the pain of labor but to monitor our baby's growth and development. I am counting the days until we can find out if Baby Goff is a girl or a boy! I love technology! (Note: I know that ultrasounds are not 100% accurate and they can predict the wrong sex, I also know that it is a possibility that the baby will not cooperate, but we have been having pep talks about this every night, even though I don't think the baby can hear me yet)

Well, I think that is all from here! I will be talking to each of you soon!

4 comments:

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Ooooh yah! I can't wait to hear what it is in there!!! Please cooperate baby goff!

Unknown said...

I'm betting girl... Especially with a heart beat that fast...

danielle said...

mindy, of course she/he can hear our voices... thats what i keep telling myself since i am going to be gone so soon... she/he must know aunt danielle's voice. :)

Joelle said...

Mindy!!! Thanks for sending me the link! Can't believe you are having a baby!!! Congrats! I'll email you asap! Miss you friend!