BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's a girl!

We are so excited and could not be happier. The ultrasound was one of the neatest experiences of our lives. The PA took about 45 minutes to do the ultrasound. She carefully inspected everything from her upper lip to her kidneys to her spine. Everything looked great. Baby Goff is approximately 6oz right now. She kept bringing her hands to her face and we definitely think she is a thumb sucker just like her momma! One of the funniest things was right when the PA turned on the ultrasound machine there were what appeared to be two amniotic sacks and right as I was beginning to freak out the PA points to the one on the right and says this one is your bladder, and to the left is the baby! I thought for one second that we were having twins! It was pretty funny. I will post a couple of pictures. I wish they were a little clearer, but I will explain what they are.

This is Baby girls' profile, we were trying to get her sucking her thumb, but she changed positions on us. You can see a little bit of her hand above her face. (Don't you think she has a cute little nose!)



I know these pictures are always so scary, but this is her facing us with her hand up at her face again. You can see her hand on the other side and her belly. We have a few other pictures that we can show you when we see you next.

In other news, Chris and I attended a baby expo here in OKC this weekend with our friends Brian and Jess. It was something fun, and we were able to register for a lot of drawings. Well, today I got a phone call from a place here in Edmond called A Miracle Within and I was the grand prize winner of a free 3D ultrasound!!!!!! I cannot believe it. I am so excited. I think this is usually scheduled around 28-31 weeks, so end of June beginning of July!!!!

And last but not least, we have picked out a name for our baby girl. Her name is Daisy June Goff. Daisy, because Chris and I like this name, and June is a family name (my middle name, my mothers middle name, and my grandmothers middle name). We are so excited about this time in our lives. Now we need to start getting serious about looking at baby things. If we haven't talked to everyone yet, we hope to talk to each of you soon!

7 comments:

danielle said...

yay! yay! yay! yay!

Joelle said...

congratulations! we are so happy for you!!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

I love Daisy! Her pictures look really cute, it is so fun to see them sucking their little thumbs in there! I wonder whose thumbs she will have! :)

mgoff said...

My thumbs of course! (I hope)--who doesn't want thumbs like me?

danielle said...

daisy will love your thumbs, especially when she becomes a pro bowler! :)

Anonymous said...

daisy is just precious!! i'm so happy for you!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful name!