BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oklahoma weather, again!

What a couple of weather weeks it has turned out to be. We had one amazing hail storm around here in case you haven't heard! It truly was unbelievable......here is some of the video we took...I know it is long, but we didn't tape the entire storm and I edited out parts of the video!!! My favorite part is how at first we are taping and we think that our cars are getting it bad and we haven't seen a portion of what is about to happen!

All in all, we are doing fine. Pretty sure we have roof damage, the front of our house the siding is toast, gutters toast and 4 windows. Our cars are not much better Chris' estimate from the adjuster was $7800 and mine was $4800, but we have already been told from a body shop that Chris car cannot be fixed for that amount!!! However, the earliest appointment they have for Chris' car is Aug 9th!!!!! What a mess! The adjuster is coming out to our house next week! We will see what they say! Thankful for insurance at this point, but hating deductibles! Hopefully we are done with bad weather, and really I am not complaining, because at least our home is standing and we are all safe and fine!

5 comments:

Mrs. Maxson said...

Oh my goodness, Mindy! I'm so glad ya'll are safe. I've never seen anything like that and I've lived in Oklahoma my whole life. I'll be praying for you guys dealing with all this damage. Good luck! - Audra

danielle said...

i think i would just cry. what a helpless feeling.

Conrad & Cara Deese said...

oh my!! i mean i heard stories but holy moly!! that was the worst I've ever seen there!! i hope all this mess works out with all the damage.....

Dara Steward said...

What a video! I have never been in hail like that in all my years in Oklahoma!

I love how Daisy is giggling! I don't think she will have the same feelings toward storms that you do Min!

The Savage's said...

Unbelievable! Is it weird that I miss OK weather?