BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3rd.....

Most Oklahoman's remember this.....



But for me it is sad for a different reason (I am also sad for the Oklahomans). Cannot believe 5 years have passed. I have had two really great thoughts this year about dad that I keep reminding myself of so I thought I would share!

First, two of dad's brazil buddies, godly men have passed away, one just recently and I can picture the three of them having the best time right now! They love to fish and joke around.....I am sure they are having a ball!!!

Secondly, my friend Becca was sharing some thoughts about heaven that her pastor had been speaking about....to paraphrase.....one thought is to think that heaven will be a lot like the garden of eden, so it is feasible to think that we will all have jobs, however, obviously some jobs wont be needed, like me and physical therapy, so i have been thinking alot about my career in heaven--but it gives me a really big smile to think that my dad is there right now helping God prepare/build all of our houses for us!

Anyway, I know this is totally random, but just thought I would share. Thanks to all my friends who have been such a wonderful support through the years! LOVE YOU ALL!

3 comments:

Conrad & Cara Deese said...

you are so sweet....i never met your dad but from the stories i've heard he is an amazing man - i bet he is doing great work in heaven!

Joelle said...

wow five years. i can't believe it. thinking of you.

Emily said...

Mindy, this post made me teary-eyed. I didn't know your dad well, but from what I knew of him, he was a great man. I'm sure you must miss him so much.

Congrats on your little boy. It will be so fun to experience the boy side of things, too!