BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday Fun!

Well, I turned the big 28 yesterday. It was a great day. Last week my hubby sent me flowers at work, then yesterday he came home with a fabulous cake (see below) he knows how I love to feel special on my birthday. I had a really great day. Evan, Dara's son, came over for a very fun play date. It was a busy day keeping up with two little ones. Only once did they cry and want to be held at the same time. I just kept switching from one to the other--it wasn't working that well. I thought that this might be what it is like to have twins! So overall I had a wonderful birthday! Thanks for all the phone calls! Here are our latest pictures:

This is a new outfit from Aunt Jessica. She is just starting to wear some 3-6 month clothes! I think this outfit is so spring-ish I love it! Don't mind me in the pictures. Just because Daisy gets a bath and gets dressed, doesn't mean that mommy does!

This is our new favorite photo of Daisy. Chris and I have been 'purging' the house this last week to prepare just in case of a move later this year. So Daisy was sitting in her bobby just relaxin'. I think she is showing so much personality lately!
Daddy is 'reading' to Daisy. She was having such a good time as he was 'reading' a car magazine to her. Telling her the latest and greatest. This weekend I think we are heading to the car show at the fairgrounds! She will get to see and sit in all these cars her daddy has been telling her about!

Saturday we tried a top-knot again. It turned more into a top spike, but I think she looks so cute! Don't mind the snot running out of her nose. There is no stopping it lately and she HATES having her nose wiped. I used to think mom's who let their kids run around with snotting noses were crazy, now I am one of them!


Here are the pictures of Daisy and Evan playing together. They had a really good time!



Here is my fabulous birthday cake. It came from Maggie moo's. It is a Cotton Candy Ski jump ice cream cake, which consists of cotton candy ice cream(blue), mini M&M's, mini marshmallows, and marshmallow cream!!!! YUMMMY. I always get this ice cream when I am at Maggie Moo's so Chris had them make a cake out of it just for me! It is delicious. I love it how when I order this there are 3-4 kiddo's in there with the same ice cream---no adults, just me and the kiddos! It is really good I promise!

We head back to the doctor with Daisy in a couple weeks. I am really excited. (not about the shots of course). And I am heading to the store to buy some different foods for Daisy. A couple of my friends have suggested rice cereal with juice, so that is my next plan. I will keep you updated.

9 comments:

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday Mindy! Daisy looks so cute! She's getting so big!

Shara said...

The top "spike" is too cute!! And I'm with you on the shower/getting dressed part...notice, you rarely see a pic of me on Jude's blog, haha! :) Yes, we kept Jude at home the whole 12 weeks, so it is SO great to be able to take him everywhere now. What a difference it makes it my feeling "normal" again!!

Question - at what age did Daisy start using her exersaucer??

The Firestone's said...

So glad your birthday went well :) That really is the best ice cream!!

The Tierneys said...

Definitely - I would love to meet Daisy, too! Lauren asked for a baby sister today so maybe Daisy could tide her over for a little while :). I love the new pictures - such a fun age (I pretty much think every age is a fun age, though!). Happy (belated) Birthday, by the way!

Kinsey said...

what are you feeding daisy lately?

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Oh man, her spike is hilarious!! Soon it will be long enough and curl over and looks like a fountain.
LOVE that pic of her sitting on your bed, it is too cute!
I hate ot say it, but I dont' think that ice cream sounds very good...
Happy Happy Birthday yesterday!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

I forgot to say how much I LOVE that dress she has on in the hair spike pictures! It is too cutE!

JSM said...

She looks more & more like her Daddy, I just can't stand it! :)
{happy birthday too btw!}

The Firestone's said...

Tomorrow is the big day!!! Can't wait!